Sunday, September 28, 2008

9 20 2008 Prospect Park Cat 5 first road race

My first road race after 17 years. Sure didn't like waking up at 4:30am, it brought back memories of waiting for Al Toefield at the corner of Woodhaven and Myrtle Ave to get a ride in his big orange van to the Prospect Park Races. Back in the 80s and 90s the start and finish line was located at the Grecian Temple, which set the stage for a screaming fast finish at the bottom of the hill.

This Cat 5 race today was a lot easier than racing on the track, as a matter of fact it felt downright relaxing except for that annoying 175 foot bump which bumped my heart rate up. For me it was just testing the waters after not racing on the road for so long. I was sitting in the back for this very short 17 mile race, re-learning and observing what it takes to race in Prospect Park. I must say I am once again hooked. Below are the Garmin Charts from the ride and a few pictures swiped from nyvelocity.

SUMMARY OF RIDE
SPEED
PACE
HEART RATE
% HEART MAX
GRADE
ELEVATION






No comments: