Monday, March 8, 2010

Scott Savory

Last year I mentioned here to watch out for Scott Savory to move up the ranks very quickly...............below is an interview over at Cycling Reporter with Scott:

LAST YEAR SCOTT SAVORY didn’t start racing till June, which is about mid-season for most of us roadies. Yet he managed to still do about 20 races. What’s more, the then unattached rider got seven wins and a dozen or so top 5s.

This year, the Guyana native wants to begin racing a lot earlier, and he’ll be doing so with his new team, Jonathan Adler Racing.

This week I caught up with the 19-year-old to find out how he earned so many good results, get his tips on winning park races, and ask him about racing in Guyana.

How long did you live in Guyana?

I was born and raised in the Alberttown area of Georgetown, the capital city of Guyana. I have lived in the US since April 2008. I was brought here because at a young age I lost my mom to cancer, and my grandparents wanted to look over us. Also, the opportunities here in the States compared to Guyana are far greater. Lots more to do, such as further your education and career. I live in Ozone Park, in Queens.....more

No comments: