Sunday, September 5, 2010

September 2010 Kirk Whiteman National Sprint Champ 45 to 49 age group

After all these years Kirk has still got the legs to win National Championships. Kirk recently won the Masters Sprints (45-49) in Texas this weekend.. He also posted one of the fastest 200 meter qualifying times. I took the pictures above on Labor Day 2004 when Kissena Track re-opened, here you can see Kirk with his coach Doug Rothein, on that day he beat Gil Hatton in a three up match sprint. Back then I was a spectator and racing was the furthest thing from my mind, I never even thought I would have gotten back into the sport, I just happened to be passing by the velodrome. Well it just so happens I will be racing in the Labor 2010 events tomorrow, kind of ironic.

Here is a link to Kirk's bio - multiple National Champion and World Champion, and a link to his Tempo Cycling and Pilates gym in Portland Oregon. Kirk started his winning ways at Kissena Track.

2010 results here.

No comments: