Tuesday, October 5, 2010

2010 Commonwealth Games - Womens 500 meter time trial

Gold - Anna Meares - Australia -  33.758 seconds

Silver - Kaarle McCulloch - Australia - 34.780 seconds

Bronze - Becky James - Scotland - 35.236 seconds

results


Australia drew first blood in the track cycling at the Commonwealth Games today when reigning champion Anna Meares retained her title in the women's 500m time trial.

It completes an astonishing comeback for Meares, who broke her neck in a cycling accident at the World Cup in January 2008 before fighting her way back to qualify for the 2008 Beijing Olympics.

"It taught me a lot about life and who I am," the three-time world champion said. "I'm now more patient and appreciate things more. I know I'm lucky to travel the world and ride a bike for a living."...... more from bike radar

No comments: